One of the missing features of RoboHelp output is the ability for readers to comment your topics. There are several free commenting systems available you can use on any website, including RoboHelp output. In a previous post I’ve shown you how to add Facebook commenting to Responsive HTML5 output. In this post I will show you how to add Disqus commenting to Responsive HTML5 output.
Disqus is a free platform for adding comments to any website. You can find the promo on: https://disqus.com/websites/
To add Disqus commenting, you must update the HTML5 Layout. In this post I will use the Responsive HTML5 Theme1 layout, but these instructions apply to all Responsive HTML5 and Multiscreen HTML5 output.
- Go to disqus.com and create an account or log in to your account.
- Click Add discus to your site or go to https://disqus.com/admin/create/
- Add a name for your site, a URL and select a category.
- Click Finish Registration.
- Click the Universal code badge.
- Copy the code under the first step.
- Open RoboHelp.
- Open the Project Set-up pod and expand the layout you want to add commenting to.
- Open the page Topic.
- Switch to HTML mode.
- In the page, find the text
<?rh-msp-topic class="wTopic" widgettype="topic" ?>.
- Paste the Disqus code directly after the text:
- Save your changes.
Generate your output and place the output on a web server. Commenting is available instantly. Comment moderation is available via disqus.com.